Layered Beef Salad On-The-Go
The beauty of this satisfying, on-the-go meal is the assembly. Start with dressing, then top with veggies, pasta, greens and steak slices. Give it a shake to coat evenly and enjoy to-go.
- 3 ounces cooked lean beef (such as Top Sirloin Steak, Strip Steak, Tenderloin Steak or Flank Steak), cut into slices
- 3 cups mixed salad greens or chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup assorted vegetables (such as shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes, sliced radish, sugar snap peas)
- 1/4 cup cooked small pasta, rinsed drained chickpeas or Great Northern beans
- 1/4 cup Greek or plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine dressing ingredients in bottom of medium container or small bowl with lid.
Layer salad greens, vegetables, pasta or beans and beef on top of dressing. Close lid securely or cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to use.
Before serving, shake covered container to coat salad well.