- Combine Ground Beef and steak seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals and grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes. Or over medium heat on preheated gas grill, grill 7 to 9 minutes. Using an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center, check for 160°F internal temperature.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, generously brush glaze on burgers and top each burger with cheese.
- Build burger on toasted bun starting with tomato and lettuce. Place burger patty and top with warm Whiskey Glaze. Place onion rings on patty and drizzle with more Whiskey Glaze before topping with bun.
- Serving Suggestion: Use a steak knife to help keep this impressive burger stacked before serving.
To make the Whiskey Glaze, add the whiskey, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire, cayenne and pepper to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Keep warm over low heat until ready to serve (or store in the fridge and warm before serving).